Section 9 (3) states that subject to sub-section (2), the governing body of a Daanish School shall admit the destitute, most deprived and marginalized students if the total combined gross income of the members of the household of a the student does not exceed six thousand rupees per month and the student, in order of precedence, falls in either of the following sub-categories:-
- He is orphan having lost both of his parents and having no guardian or being taken care of by an elder sibling or a member of extended family.
- He is orphan and living with his mother.
- His both parents are illiterate; the parents do not own an immoveable property and either of them is disabled.
- He has been a school dropout and his both parents are illiterate and the parents do not own any immovable property.
- His both parents are illiterate; the parents do not own any immovable property and do not have any fixed job or source of income.
- He is not resident of a town, tehsil or district headquarters and any of his parents is a semi-skilled or unskilled menial village worker, and the parents do not own any immovable property and are illiterate, and
- He is resident of a town, tehsil or district headquarters and his household resides in a katcha house.
10 % quota is available for Self-Finance